As the Martech MSS-10 Microphone Preamplifier became popular with discerning users, requests increased for a direct box that would give them that same “high fidelity with soul” they love about their MSS-10s.
Staying true to the design of the MSS-10, the MartinSound MSS-01 starts by using the same custom transformer to provide a sonically superior passive path that accommodates both balanced and unbalanced sources, and then adds a German microphone quality active input to lighten the load when required for vintage guitars.
- High impedance passive path input with transparent passthrough
- High impedance active path input with transparent passthrough - powered by +48 v phantom power
- Low impedance output, and a ground lift switch
- The MSS-01 has both active and passive stages for use with a wide variety of instruments and sources, and is designed to deliver high-end performance for live or recording applications
- The MSS-01 can be used with electric bass guitar and electric guitar with magnetic or active pickups, piezo-equipped acoustic guitar, electronic keyboards running long lines to snakes or mixers, or any high impedance source needing to be interfaced with a mic amplifier