Designed by Todd Wolfgram, Malekko is very happy to release the all-analog Malekko Wolftone Sloika MKII pedal. Featuring locally powdered and screen-printed enclosures, each pedal is built with optimal components meticulously selected from all corners of the globe.
Sloika is a unique distortion pedal utilizing multiple bands of distortion to simulate multiple amplifiers set at different gain levels. Capable of very heavy distortion, it's extremely musical and very responsive to a player’s dynamics.
The Wolftone Sloika is designed to create a transparent distortion, allowing you to retain the sound of your guitar and amp. This pedal will not mask your equipment’s tone. Single or humbucking pickups are still clearly heard and articulated and you can easily modulate between light or heavy distortion using picking dynamics. Very sensitive to input levels, it allows you to control the amount of distortion from your guitar. Want a clean sound? Just back off the guitar’s volume. Searing distortion is just a matter of playing harder or cranking the guitar volume. And the Sloika enables a seamless transition from distortion into clean when you play a full chord and let it sustain.
This multi-band distortion pedal is a combination of 8 parallel distortion bands. The interaction between the DRIVE and SATURATE settings determines how these bands effect your sound. To really hear the strengths of this pedal, use a loud, clean amp.
- The DRIVE amount determines how hot the 8 bands are, and your volume and dynamics control the distortion
- When the DRIVE is at a low setting, the first band is at 100% gain, and the subsequent bands have progressively less gain, allowing maximum reactive distortion through dynamics
- At a mid DRIVE setting, the first band is at 100% gain, and the remaining 7 bands have decreasing gain stages down to about 90% for the lowest band
- At max DRIVE setting, all bands are at 100% gain, giving you a hard wall of distortionWhen SATURATE is set low, the lowest bands will drop out of distortion earlier, allowing the guitar to become clean quickerWith SATURATE at a higher setting, the distortion is clear and bitingTurning SATURATE all the way up creates a softer attack with a full-on distortion feel, and a much longer distortion sustain
- Super creamy and monstrous low end is SLOIKA on bass guitar
- Current Draw: 50mA
- Power: 9VDC neg tip adapter or internal battery snap
- Proudly made in-house in Portland, Oregon using the highest quality components
Word on the Street:
“Malekko has scrunched several of their circuits into custom, bud-box sized chassis with lower-profiles and rounded edges. Sleek and sexy, these new versions sport gorgeous graphics and exude an unmistakable air of quality."