Where PCI meets PCI Express
The Magma PCI Express-to-PCI Expansion System is designed to match the through-put required by the majority of PCI cards on the market today.The expansion chassis contains six PCI-X slots which are connected to the host computer through a 8 lane (x8) PCI Express host interface card and a high-performance cable.
Cost-Effective Migration and Increased I/O Capacity
The Magma PCI Expansion solution provides a cost-effective migration path to new PCI Express-based computers while maintaining a consistent PCI configuration. In addition, Magma products significantly increase Input/Output (I/O) capacity and scalability. Multiple expansion systems can be combined to provide an almost unlimited number of PCI slots* to a single computer. This type of scalability is especially useful in industries such as Telecom, Data Acquisition, Video Monitoring, Server Storage and Manufacturing Test Fixtures.
*As defined by the PCI Local Bus Specification, the theoretical maximum per computer is 255 PCI buses.
The Magma 6 Slot PCI Express-to- PCI Expansion System consists of a x8 PCI Express host card, a high-speed iPass cable and a PCI(x) expansion chassis. The host card relays signals from the PCI Express slot inside the computer motherboard to a PCI(x) backplane inside the expansion chassis. The system is automatically configured by the system BIOS and all six high-performance PCI(x) slots within the expansion chassis appear transparent to the host computer.
*Please note that PCI and PCI-X are backwards compatible.
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Visible LEDs indicate correct installation
- ncludes one 3-meter iPass cable
- 6 slot PCI-X backplane
- All slots support full-length PCI(x) cards
- 4U, black rack-mount enclosure
- ATX form factor allows backplane to be used in different types of enclosures
- Supports spread spectrum clocking
- 400W Standard or 400W Hot-Swappable Redundant Power Supply
- Dedicated fan for cooling PCI cards
- Optional PCI card hold down mechanism prevents cards from being dislodged during transportation
- Optional drive cage for mounting up to eight internal drives inside chassis
- Optional Chassis Trak® rack slide kit for rack cabinet installation
- CE certified and FCC Class A verified
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Provides a link from PCI Express-based computers to legacy PCI hardware
- Cost effective solution for adding an unlimited number of PCI slots to PCI Express-based computers and servers
- Ideal migration path to small form factor servers,while maintaining a consistent PCI hardware configuration
- Substantially increase I/O capacity
- Supports universal and 3.3V PCI and PCI-X cards
- Multiple expansion systems can be used with a single computer