Magma ExpressBox 4-1U provides a rock-solid upgrade path to increase the number of PCI Express slots available to your server. You can maintain a consistent server configuration, while adding more I/O capacity and scalability with a Magma expansion chassis like ExpressBox 4-1U. Now, an almost unlimited number of PCIe cards can be attached to a single server. Moving PCIe cards outside the host computer to an expansion chassis allows server manufacturers to reduce the amount of power required in the server.
And, because ExpressBox 4-1U monitors temperature, power, and fans with alerts using SNMP and audible alarms, you can feel confident that your entire systems remains reliable, available and serviceable.
Maximize Limited Rack Space
ExpressBox 4-1U is the only expansion solution that provides four full-length PCI Express slots in a 1U rack-mount chassis and includes a hot-swappable redundant power supply and hot-swappable cooling fans. Additionally, the PCIe slots are hot-pluggable so you can replace a defective card without shutting down the system.
ExpressBox 4-1U consists of a PCIe host card, a cable and 1U rack-mount enclosure. It is automatically configured by the system BIOS and all slots appear transparent to the host computer. ExpressBox 4-1U is designed to fit conveniently into a typical 4-post rack cabinet. Card retainers inside the enclosure keep your cards securely in place during transportation.
PCI Express Hot-Plug Support
Easily remove and replace PCIe cards without powering downing the server:
- Initiate a hot-swap request without affecting the operation of the entire system
- Any of the PCIe cards can be stopped and replaced with a replacement card
- All slots designed to protect the PCIe card electrically in the event of its surprise removal
PCI Express Hot-Plug Support
- Utilizes the SNMP protocol to monitor and report normal operation parameters as well as alerts and failure events
- Audible alert for over temperature, fan failure or power supply failure
- Add four PCIe slots in only 1U of rack space
- Attach full-length PCIe cards to servers with limited card space
- Multiple expansion chassis can be daisy-chained
- Keeps your I/O configuration consistent from server to server
- Protects your investment in expensive I/O cards during server migrations and upgrades
- Mission critical solution provides notifications of failures with SNMP trap and audible alarm
- Minimize downtime by servicing problems immediately
- PCIe Slots can be turned off without powering down system
- Reduce power consumption and rack space
- Automatically configured by the system BIOS
- Automatic power-up control by computer
- Easily visible LEDs indicate correct installation
- High-speed x8 PCIe connection to server
- Hot-pluggable PCIe slots support full-length cards
- Slots support any combination of x1, x4, x8 and x16 PCIe cards
- Sliding card carriage provides access to PCIe cards without removing enclosure from cabinet
- Adjustable card retainers hold cards in place
- SNMP agent monitors critical components and slots for power condition
- Includes auxiliary power cables for high wattage cards
- Hot-swappable fans and power supplies