Aurora also avoids some of the limitations that other pro level converters have. Aurora does not have a noisy fan, does not lose channel count at higher sample rates and does not require costly analog and digital modules to achieve the unit’s full channel count.
Aurora can be used with any audio content. Equalization and limiting functions, which can color or alter the sound, have not been added. Lynx’s design provides accurate conversion, clear clean audio, wide imaging – the sound you put into Aurora is the sound that you get out of Aurora.
The Aurora 16 was nominated for a TEC award in 2005. Aurora with LT-HD has been nominated for a 2007 TEC award.
- Simultaneous 16 Channel Analog I/O and 16 Channel AES/EBU I/O
- 24 Bit / 192 kHz Mastering Quality A/D and D/A conversion
- 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O Supporting Single and Dual Wire Modes
- Single Rack Space Configuration
- Extensive Remote Control Capability via Lynx AES16, IrDA and MIDI
- On-board 32 Channel Digital Mixer Provides Flexible I/O Routing
- Word clock I/O with Lynx SynchroLock™ Sample Clock Technology
- Digital I/O DB-25 connectors follow Yamaha pinout protocol
- Analog I/O DB-25 connectors follow Tascam pinout protocol
- RoHS compliant
- Available in 100V, 115V and 230V models
Key Specifications and Features
- One Primary and one Expansion DigiLink port
- Up to 32 channels of conversion per HD Core or Accel Core card possible with two Aurora 16's
- Supports full channel count at sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Offers audio signal latency identical to that of the Digidesign 192 I/O™ for accurate delay compensation within ProTools - no manual delay adjustments required
- Allows I/O functions for parameter control to be controlled and monitored within ProTools
- Interfaces with HD system using standard DigiLink cables
- Allows daisy-chaining of multiple Aurora converters and other DigiLink devices via Expansion port
- Lynx proprietary SynchroLock™ technology can be used to reduce jitter when Aurora is a clock slave or to provide stable, low-jitter clock to downstream devices
- Easily installed into Aurora frame
- Aurora remote control via MIDI and IrDA
- Designed and manufactured in the USA by Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.