The single rack unit Lexicon PCM92 employs the latest DSP technology and a collection of classic Lexicon algorithms to provide an all-in-one processor for live and studio applications, delivering 28 mono and stereo reverbs, delays, and modulation effects, flexible routing configurations, and a comprehensive library of over 700 factory presets. Lexicon claims that the PCM92 represents the most advanced audio processor in its class.
The PCM92’s capabilities over traditional reverbs are made possible by the adding of multimode filters in the audio flow, which allows for exact shaping of the reverb while still maintaining the distinctive Lexicon Sound. All reverbs have an infinite switch that allows the reverb to run forever, which is useful for creating unusual backgrounds and sound effects.
The Lexicon Room algorithm provides a more flexible alternative to convolution type reverbs. Reflection patterns can be easily selected, scaled and equalised, all while simultaneously passing audio, and the room size can be instantly changed or reversed. The Room algorithm provides the realism of the actual space with the precise control and manipulation that is made possible by a reverb synthesizer.
With two channels of balanced XLR or quarter-inch analog I/O and two channels of XLR AES/EBU digital I/O, along with MIDI, wordclock, and ethernet, the PCM92 integrates easily with any DAW and features 24-bit A/D-D/A conversion and 44.1 to 96 kHz sample rates.
To supplement front panel navigation for live applications, the PCM92 can be configured and fully controlled remotely through Harman HiQnet System Architect. The foot switch and foot controller inputs offer additional flexibility for the live performer.
- Lexicon® studio-standard reverbs, delays, and modulation effects
- Comprehensive library of over 700 finely crafted factory presets - including recognizable classics from Lexicon’s immense library of sounds
- Lexicon’s flexible Room algorithm used to generate a vast array of room-related effects for music and post
- Multi-voice pitch shift to enhance vocals
- Mono and stereo versions of all algorithms
- Full system configuration and control with HiQnet System Architect™
- 44.1 to 96 kHz sample rate, 32-bit floating point processing
- Two channels balanced analog I/O (XLR and ¼”)
- Two channels XLR digital AES/EBU I/O
- External BNC Wordclock
- MIDI in, out, and thru
- Ethernet connectivity
- Foot controller inputs make it easy to change presets and adjust parameters during live performances
- High-resolution OLED display is easy to read in all light conditions