The Lewitt LCT 640 is designed to raise the bar in its class of reference-quality large-diaphragm condenser microphones. This Austrian-designed and engineered pro-mic delivers a smooth, unsurpassed rich and exceptionally nuanced sound, and exhibits a remarkable set of qualities that enthuses even the most discerning users. The LCT 640 excels in a variety of demanding studio applications and stands for unrivaled performance in miking lead and background vocals, drums, percussion instruments, grand pianos, brass and woodwinds, classical music ensembles.
In addition to the standard omni-directional, cardioid and figure-8 polar patterns, the LCT 640 offers a wide-cardioid and super-cardioid characteristic. It offers a dynamic range of 135 dB and stands out for its extremely low self-noise of 10 dB. In combination with a 4-level high-pass filter and 4-level switchable pre-attenuation, the LCT 640 provides maximum versatility in all recording situations. Automatic attenuation, key-lock, clipping history, push buttons and a light-up user interface round off the features of this outstanding microphone.
- Lead and background vocals
- Acoustic instruments // piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings...
- Overhead miking // drums, percussion...
- Ensembles // choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up // guitar amplifier, drums...
- Wind instruments // brass and woodwinds...
- Demanding live and studio applications
- Superior transient response from ultra-thin externally biased, gold-layered low-mass diaphragms for ear-catching realism and authentic sound
- Flat frequency response for natural, authentic sound
- Five consistent directional characteristics - cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-8, broadcardioid and supercardioid - for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- 10 dB self-noise and max SPL of 145 dB for an impressive total dynamic range of 135 dB, providing maximum acoustic presence and clarity
- 4-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 6 dB, 12 dB and 18 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels and 4-position high-pass filter
- Illuminated user interface for quick and easy handling even in dark environments
- Noiseless push buttons for quick and easy attenuation and HPF selection
- Clipping history, automatic attenuation and key-lock provide error-free recording and unparalleled ease of use
- Rugged all metal construction for reliable performance onstage and in the studio
- Extra-large hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille provides an open acoustic environment and prevents unwanted internal reflections
- Immune to electromagnetic interference thanks to transformerless preamplifier circuitry
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector
- Comes in a black carrying case; includes LCT 40 SHx shock mount, LCT 40 Wx windshield and DTP 40 Lb artificial leather bag