Introducing the Kurzweil Forte.
16 Gigabytes of All New Sounds!
New, hand-selected German and Japanese concert grand pianos, as well as new Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clav and Harpsichords along with a wide selection of sounds from the acclaimed PC3 and KORE 64 expansion, all delivered with unprecedented expressiveness and an obsessive attention to detail.
Patented FlashPlay Technology
Flash-Play provides the Forte™ with a staggering amount of horse-power; 16 GB sample content with zero-loading time, heaping mounds of powerful DSP and ultrafast performance.
KB3 ToneReal Organs
Modeled after classic Hammond, Vox and Farfisa organs. Featuring all the controls you want and more, including 9 realistic drawbars.
Powerful FX Engine
Award Winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more.
88-note Italian Hamm-Action Keyboard
Every sound within the Forte is perfectly matched to its 88-note fully-weighted Italian hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch.
Front Panel Master Compressor & 3-Band EQ
Room too boomy? Need to add some punch? No problem. Dial it in with the Master Compressor & EQ section featuring Bass, Treble and sweepable Midrange.
23 Programmable Physical Controllers
9 Sliders (with brilliant LED ladders), 6 Switches, 2 Wheels, 3 Switch Pedal Inputs, 2 Continuous Control Pedal Inputs and Aftertouch. (1 sustain/switch pedal is included).
Easy Access Controls
Dedicated -/+ Transpose, Tap Tempo and sound Variation controls conveniently located right above the Pitch/Modulation wheels.
- Keyboard: 88 note fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys (Fatar TP/40L)
- Display: 480x272 pixel color LCD with front-panel contrast adjust
- Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Quick Split/Layer: Easy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 4 zones)
- Factory Programs: (TBD) Stunning factory Programs featuring the all new Japanese and German Grands, new Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clav and Harpsichord along with a wide selection of sounds from the acclaimed PC3 and KORE 64™ expansion
- User Programs: 256
- Factory Multis: (TBD) Factory-crafted Multis - featuring up to 4 independent zones
- User Multis: 256
- General MIDI: No
- Master EQ/Compressor Section: Front-panel 3-band EQ with sweepable mid and on/off switch Front-panel single-knob master compressor with separate on/off bypass switch
- Effects: Over 1000 complex effect chains, incorporated into programs featuring our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more. 32 total FX units (editing of FXChains requires use of the Desktop Editor)
- Controllers: 1 pitch wheel, 1 modulation wheel, 9 front panel sliders (w/ LED ladders), 9 KB3 control switches/control/zone mute switches, 1 variation switch, 1 tap tempo switch, 2 transpose switches, 3 switch pedal inputs (1 switch/sustain pedal is included), 2 continuous control pedal input, monopressure (aftertouch)
- Analog Outputs: Four (2 pairs) 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs) Automatic mono switching on both pairs, +21dBu maximum output, 400Ω balanced source impedance
- Audio Inputs: One stereo 1/8" back-panel input for connecting your favorite MP3 player or other audio source for accompaniment playback
- Headphones: 1 front panel 1/4" headphone output, 130mW into 32 ohm headphones
- MIDI: In, Thru, Out (w/ Thru/Out switch)
- USB: Two USB ports (one A port / one B port), Complete MIDI functionality over USB, User program/multi file transfer to/from PC/Mac/Flash Drive, Operating System updates from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Software Editors: External editors for Mac OS X, Windows PC and iOS devices
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates over USB and/or Flash Drive
- Power: Internal Power Supply, free voltage 100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 10W