The Korg Pa900 sound engine uses double the PCM memory of the best-selling Pa600 and extends the amount of User PCM memory to 192MB. The number of user Style locations has also expanded to a maximum of 1,200 which will cover almost every style imaginable. The improved built-in speaker system produces a strong, rich sound that’s enhanced by standard features such as the TC Helicon Vocal Harmonizer, a Dual MP3 player & recorder, and the Dual Crossfade Sequencer. Video output is supplied as a standard function, so your audience can sing along to the onscreen lyrics. The Pa900 packs all this in a high‐quality case with aluminium side-panels in a silver body to provide a prestigious look on any stage!
With more power than ever before and numerous great new features, the Pa900 sets a new standard for arranger workstations. A massive leap forward from the legendary and best selling Pa800, Korg has raised the bar of excellence to a new level by offering new realistic sounds and powerful new features, delivered in a slim and professional looking design, at an even more affordable price.
Feel the keyboard
The 61-key keyboard offers a semi-weighted action, feels great, features naturally responsive key-on/key-off velocity sensitivity and aftertouch, and is designed for musicians of all levels.
Slim, powerful and easy to use
The Pa900 has been designed with the concept of combining a slim shape with a professional look. But while its size might appear diminutive, its sound is huge, thanks to the power of the onboard high-quality custom designed amplification system. The 2x20 Watt amplifiers drive the 4 loudspeakers in a bass-reflex enclosure to generate a rich, powerful listening experience. The main panel has been redesigned and optimized to ensure that buttons and knobs are ergonomically and intuitively well positioned to enhance any performance. Korg's graphical user interface is now even easier to read and has been renewed with more detailed icons and objects thanks to the new large TFT Graphical Color Touch Screen display. So that musicians of all levels can make great music quickly, there are two interface modes: Easy and Expert. The Easy mode shows only the most important controls while keeping a clean and straightforward interface, useful for beginners or playing live. Of course, in Expert mode you have full editing control. When you do not remember where a file, a song or a style was saved, just use the Search function to let the Pa900 find it for you.
Sound quality at its best
Based on Korg’s sophisticated sound engine, the Pa900 provides truly outstanding new sounds. The RX (Real eXperience) Technology and the DNC (Defined Nuance Control) system refine an already powerful sound engine, allowing the performer to accurately and expressively introduce the most subtle nuances and sound articulation. Assignable switches have been added to the joystick control, resulting in deeper control and rich expression. Thanks to DNC, you can reproduce subtle articulation sounds that are typical of most acoustic instruments, for example, the growl of a passionately-played saxophone, elements of the breath found in wind-Instruments such as trumpet, clarinet and harmonica, and the added characteristics that give added authenticity to the pizzicato and bowed sounds of a rich string section. Many demanding professional sampling sessions with some of the finest musicians in the music industry have resulted in more detailed natural sounds than ever before. More than 1,100 sounds, including a new stereo grand piano (with string resonance and damper realism) and new electric pianos from the acclaimed KORG SV-1 stage piano; new wind instruments, basses and stunning guitars; plus new digital drawbars with leakage and key on/off noises provide the perfect sound foundation for any harmonic and melodic need. More than 70 drum kits give life to any rhythmic texture and sound truly authentic due to the Drum Family Easy Editing feature, which gives total control over volume, pitch, EQ, and more. Up to 192 MB (PCM User memory) are available, so custom sounds can be added easily. The General MIDI (GM) sound bank has been improved for better compatibility with GM files. The Pa900 can also load/import Korg, WAV, AIFF, SoundFont™ formats and export in WAV or AIFF. Sounds can be fully edited, and can now use up to 24 oscillators for each note!
The use of premium effects can not only add polish and class to your overall sound; they can also make your music tracks sound more interesting! Korg is famous for its outstanding studio quality effects, and the Pa900 includes the best of the Korg effects library. Up to 4 Stereo Digital Multi Effect processors can be used for each song. 125 effect types are available, running from the standard reverbs and delays through to the more unusual and vintage effects. In addition each track features EQ with Low, Mid and High controls. A custom track EQ can be memorized in the general preferences for the Song Play mode. This will help adapting the sound to personal taste for any MIDI file you play. Need a lighter Bass track? Save the right equalization, and the Bass will stay light with all the subsequent Songs. A limiter and a final 4 band parametric EQ has been added to the sound output of the Pa900. Everything can be processed by this powerful and musically refined EQ, easily adapting the sound to your musical taste or correcting a problematic live scenario.
- Enhanced RX (Real eXperience) sound engine offers improved realism and new vivid sound
- Massive internal ROM – plus up to 192 MB of user PCM data – provides a powerful wave memory, delivering the best sound quality possible
- Three assignable switches and a four-way joystick ensure total control for the sound articulation levels (DNC – Defined Nuance Control)
- 61 key semi–weighted keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
- Slim and compact lightweight cabinet
- Big TouchView™ 7” TFT display
- Easy layout and intuitive graphical interface with new Search function for quickly locating musical resources
- 2-way speaker system ensures a powerful and clear sound
- Improved Style and Performance selection; over 400 factory Styles, each with 4 variations and 4 Fill Ins + Break, plus 15 user banks for unlimited storage of your favorite customized or user created Styles and settings
- Enhanced Guitar Mode 2 for even more realistic guitar parts
- Chord Sequencer function records any chord progression on-the-fly
- 4 Stereo Master Effects (125 FX Types) + 2 Global Effects (Limiter, EQ)
- TC Helicon 3-voice Vocal Processor with 4 dedicated effects
- Double MP3/MIDI file players with recording capability, X-Fader and Vocal Remover
- Enhanced compatibility with lyrics in graphical format (+G) for MP3
- Enhanced sound compatibility for GM and GS songs
- Fully programmable SongBook database based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke, MP3 with instant recall of any song setting. User-definable custom lists. Filtering and ordering options.
- Multi-language extended character set. Lyrics can be showed in their original languages (except the Oriental and the Arabic Languages*).
- New SoundFont™ format import function
- Mass Storage with Micro SD