John McBride, owner of Blackbird Studios in Nashville, has worked with Mike Nehra at Vintage King to assist in finding some of the most exotic gear on the face of the earth, resulting in an unbelievable collection of equipment that all of us could only dream of having under one roof.
Over 15x Elam 251's, 12x U47's, several M50's for example. It is all housed in a state of the art structure, with an unparalleled tech staff. This is how studios used to operate 30 years ago.
Only John McBride has the heart and conviction to operate a business like this.
XieXie (Thanks) Mike!
Photo: Andrew Nehra, Mike Nehra and John McBride
John's Favorite Gear:
- RFT 7151 bottle mic with Tracy Korby modifications
- EMI Mastering Equalizer's
- Fairchild 660's and 670's
- Telefunken V76 Mic Pre's
- Neve 8078 Console
- SPL Transient Designers
- Chandler Ltd. Curvebender
- Universal Audio Black Face 1176
- GML 8200 or 9500 Equalizer's
- All the other vintage mic's - Telefunken 251's, U47's, C12's, U67's, M50's