Enhance your audio and video editing software with the unique tools and groundbreaking new improvements of iZotope's RX 5 Audio Editor noise reduction software. Repair, enhance, and restore problematic production audio — from plosives to microphone bumps to inconsistent levels — and dramatically improve sound quality and clarity.
The Advanced version adds industry-first enhancements, like the new De-plosive and updated Leveler modules, to instantly eliminate plosives in your dialogue with total transparency and smooth out volume inconsistencies.
- Instant audio repair. With a single mouse gesture, paint away problems using a visual editing tool that lets you directly interact with your audio.
- Faster turnaround times. With a renewed focus on workflow enhancements and solution-oriented tools, RX 5 minimizes the number of steps needed to solve various audio repair problems.
- Dialogue production re-defined. Pioneering tools are designed not just to enhance the existing process and quality of dialogue production, but set the industry standard for cleaning up, repairing, and editing dialogue.
RX comes in two distinct versions. RX 5 Audio Editor and RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor, the flagship product in the RX Post Production Suite. RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor is designed for professional post production audio engineers who demand best in class audio processing tools and deep controls. RX 5 Audio Editor delivers the essential tools any audio editor needs to repair and enhance audio for their productions.
- De-plosive [Advanced Only]
- Leveler [Advanced Only]
- Ambience Match & AudioSuite Plug-in [Advanced Only]
- EQ Match [Advanced Only]
- Loudness [Advanced Only]: ensure compliance with international broadcast standards.
- Instant Process Tool
- Module Chain
- Corrective EQ: surgically reduce and remove problematic frequencies.
- RX Connect
- Dialogue De-noise: restore problematic vocal or production audio recordings in real time.
- Spectral Repair: visually isolate and paint away to remove any unwanted sounds.
- iZotope Insight [Advanced Only]: visualize your mix and comply with loudness standards.
- De-noise: reduce unwanted background noise quickly and easily.
- De-click: eliminate clicks, crackles, pops and digital impulse noises.
- De-hum: remove electrical hum and line noise.
- Time & Pitch [Advanced Only] | Features Radius® RT, iZotope's time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithm as well as Pitch Contour, a variable-speed resampler for synchronous changes in pitch and time.
- Signal Generator | Generate any type of tone or noise for calibrating or setting a reference level, adding any required tones for the start/end points of a mix for picture, or inserting tones and bleeps to censor explicit dialogue.
- Resample | Ensure the highest quality when adjusting sample rates with SRC™, iZotope's sample rate conversion algorithm.
- Dither | Reduce bit resolution for final delivery of your project without sacrificing quality with MBIT+™, iZotope's renowned dither algorithm.
- Channel Ops | A module that offers precise delay and phase operations.
- Spectrum Analyzer | A detailed spectral display that detects peaks automatically.
- Third-party Plug-in Support | Host Audio Unit or VST plug-ins in RX 5’s Plug-In module.
- Batch Processing | Chain modules, process multiple files at once, and use multiple CPUs to speed up your workflow.
Operating system requirements:
Both RX 5 Audio Editor and RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor can be used as a standalone audio editor, as a standalone audio editor connected to your host via RX Connect, or as a suite of plug-ins.
- Mac OS X 10.8 - 10.11
- Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Audiosuite DPM & AAX
- AU 32 & 64 bit
- VST 2 32 & 64 bit
- RTAS 32 bit
- AAX 64 bit
In addition to being available in RX 5 Audio Editor's standalone mode, the modules are also compatible as plug-ins for popular hosts like
- Pro Tools (10 - 12.3)
- Nuendo 6.5
- Media Composer 7.0.4
- Premiere Pro CC 2015
- Final Cut X
- DaVinci Resolve 12
- Media Composer 8.4.1
- Audition CC 2015
- Logic Pro X
- Cubase 8.0
- Sony Sound Forge 11+