iZotope Insight provides an extensive set of audio analysis and metering tools, perfect for visualizing changes made during mixing and mastering, troubleshooting problematic mixes, and ensuring compliance with broadcast loudness standards. Fully customizable and scalable, Insight allows you to visually monitor all relevant information from your stereo or surround mix in a convenient floating window. Keep an eye as well as an ear on your mix at all times with Insight.
- Immediately detect potential mix problems through real-time visual monitoring and color-coded alerts.
- Ensure your audio is fully compliant with current loudness standards with forward-thinking tools that adhere to standards like BS.1770-1/2/3.
- Perform deep and flexible analysis with zoomable meters and the ability to route audio from any tracks or buses to Insight.
- Design your ideal metering plug-in by choosing the meters you want to view, customizing them, and resizing the Insight window to fit your current workflow.
- Get an extensive suite of metering tools in a single plug-in, including True Peak Meters, Loudness Meters, Loudness History Graph, Stereo Vectorscope, Surround Scope, 2D/3D Spectrogram, and Spectrum Analyzer.
Inspect, understand, and react with Insight
Insight visually guides you throughout the mixing process, empowering you to look deeper into your audio with intelligent analysis tools and real-time monitoring capabilities. View tried and tested analog-style meters with innovative digital twists. Keep tabs on cutting-edge displays that give you limitless access to your audio. Design your ideal metering plug-in with customizable views, settings, and presets. With Insight, the eyes have it all.
Complete Suite of Metering Tools
- Insight provides a powerful combination of both established and innovative metering solutions for any type of audio work. The flexible interface features 5 distinct metering partitions:
- Spectrogram: View a detailed topographical map of your audio stream in 3D or 2D, and feed in any individual tracks or buses via Meter Taps.
- Spectrum Analyzer: Study the spectral content of your audio in real-time, with display options like Linear, Octave, Critical Band and more.
- Sound Field: Examine the behavior and balance of stereo and surround mixes, visualize spatial activity in real time, and quickly diagnose phase issues with the Stereo Vectorscope and Surround Scope.
- Levels: Monitor both True Peak and Loudness meters for immediate feedback on your project's levels.
- Loudness History: Visualize and inspect loudness over time, in real time or retrospectively, with the option to capture loudness data in an exportable log or graph
- Insight is fully compliant with current loudness standards, with a number of forward-thinking tools to help ensure your audio adheres to these regulations:
- Fully compliant with BS.1770-1/2/3, Insight includes meters for immediate loudness calculation and True Peak detection, loudness calculation over time, and faster than real-time offline loudness calculation.
- Plot an infinite history of the loudness of your mix with the Loudness History Graph: use it for retrospective examination of your mix's loudness, or for real-time monitoring of loudness trends as they occur over time.
- Set your loudness targets and mark when any levels exceed them with Loudness Overflow Tracking, which writes automation to your DAW to capture loudness overflow alerts.
- Prove adherence to loudness standards by exporting a log or graph of your loudness data to clients, networks, broadcasters, and other legislation enforcers that require documentation.
Customizable and Flexible
- See it your way. Insight lets you choose the meters you want to view, customize them, and navigate to exactly the level of detail that you need:
- Size the plug-in to optimize your studio screen space and choose the meters appropriate to your workflow. You can then adjust each partition's size to best suit your preferences.
- Load one of Insight's 30+ presets, each designed for a different common workflow, or save your own most-used meter settings for easy recall.
- Take total control over how your audio is visualized: each meter provides numerous display options.
- Perform deep analysis with easy freezing, zooming and hovering within relevant meters for closer inspection, exploration, and data pinpointing.
- Tailor exactly which tracks and buses the Spectrogram monitors by adding Meter Taps to any track or bus.
Post and Broadcast Engineers
- Monitor your audio for compliance with recently passed loudness standards—like the CALM Act—with Loudness Meters and the Loudness History Graph.
- Ensure your audio won't clip in the analog domain with Insight's True Peak meters, fully compliant with the recently released BS.1770-3 technical specification.
- Easily visualize both the stereo and surround sound field of your mix to ensure a successful downmix.
- Assess how dialog and/or voiceover levels are balanced alongside your project's music and effects by routing tracks or buses to the Spectrogram via Meter Taps.