Inward Connections knows a thing or two about putting big sound in small packages. The Bad Boy compressor is no exception.
The Inward Connections Bad Boy 500 Series VCA compressor picks up where its predecessors, the VC500 and VOGAD, left off. It provides a huge range of compression timing options, allowing users to dial in attack and release to suit almost any source imaginable. This versatile circuit is also coupled to the famed VF600 discrete amp blocks and an all-new Wet/Dry Mix circuit, allowing tonal settings never before available on an Inward Connections VCA compressor.
With its range of ratios, array of timing options and integrated Mix control, the Bad Boy is ready to tackle any source. It’s ready to work whether it’s leveling gentle acoustic guitars, smashing drums, tightening the mix bus, or even mastering. The Bad Boy is a good thing for any 500 Series rack.
- VF600 discrete amp blocks
- Transformerless differential-balanced input
- Transformer-balanced output
- Wet/Dry Mix control
- LED Output VU meter -18db to +6dB
- Gain Makeup control +/- 16dB
- Threshold Control -40dB to +22dB
- Ratio Control 2:1 to 30:1 to infinity
- Attack Control 0.2 milliseconds to 20 milliseconds
- Release Control 0.1 seconds to 3 seconds
- LED Gain reduction meter -2dB to -20dB
- High Pass Filter – 250Hz sidechain filter
- Stereo Link – can be tied to an adjacent unit
- Bypass – relay engaged bypass
- Input Impedance: > 20K ohms balanced
- Output Impedance: 600 ohms balanced
- Frequency Response: +/- 0.2dB @ 10Hz to 100KHz
- Output Signal to Noise: < -95dB
- THD + Noise: 0.01% @ 1KHz/+4dBu
- Distortion: 0.01% THD, +4dBu @ 1KHz