There are many excellent digital reverbs available these days but there is still nothing quite like the timeless and magical character of a true spring reverb.
intellijel has a love for true analog devices and it has always been important for them to explore as many of these fundamental analog building blocks of synthesis as possible.
In the development of the intellijel Springray, they were blown away by how much there is to explore. Each tank has a totally different set of characteristics and there were many unexpected surprises when feeding it a wide variety of sound sources. One of the most interesting results was how a slow attack saw waveform from a Dixie almost sounds like a realistic cello!
- PRE tank and POST tank Ambler Tilt EQ
- VC Feedback
- Limiter in feedback path so you can prevent high gain feedback from clipping the output. (Uses THATcorp RMS and VCA ICs)
- Selector switch to choose up to three different connected tanks (one on the front and two on the back)
- VC Mix of the wet/dry balance (uses a full linear VCA xfade circuit)
- Drive input with large gain (can overdrive the tank inputs)
- External processors can be inserted into the feedback path via the SEND/RETURN normalled inputs. Extremely interesting results when patched through modulated BP filters etc.
- Three different sizes of Accutronic tanks are available