The IGS Audio One LA 500 is an opto-compressor built for the 500 series format. This is the first high voltage vacuum tube 500 series module that is offered by IGS. It is powered with 250V DC from an on-board voltage converter, so it can be plugged into any 500 series rack equipped with a standard power supply.
Every single One LA is hand made with high quality, matched components (1% metal film resistors, Wima caps). It is equipped with JJ tubes and individually calibrated to give you the unique and unspoiled experience of one of the best opto-compressors in the history - the TneA, to make sure that it is as simple to use as it is versatile. Not only for harmonically rich vocals and strings, but also for huge and beefy drums and bass instruments.
Three audio transformers (Sowter and Edcor in audio path and OEP in sidechain) have been used to provide excellent performance and with only two knobs and a single compressor/limiter switch, there is nothing that could go wrong. Additionally, you can replace the photocell easily.
- Optical Compressor
- Hard wire bypass: Yes
- Input Impedance (balanced): 600 ohm
- Output Impedance (balanced): 600 ohm
- Audio transformers: Carnhill, Sowter, Edcor (sidechain)
- Operating level: +4 dBu
- Max input level: +20 dBu
- Max output level: +21 dBu
- Dynamic range: 100 dB
- Noise level: -99 dBA
- Max gain: 32 dB
- Max gain reduction: 32dB
- Ratio: 4:1 in COMP mode, 100:1 in LIM mode
- Attack: 1ms
- Release: 0.5 – 5s (50% @ 60ms)
- Frequency response: 8 Hz - 20k Hz, +/- 1 dB
- THD+N: 0.002% @ 0dBu
- VU Meters: GR (backlit)
- Voltage: API Standard, internal DC-DC conversion for powering tubes (250V DC)
- Power consumption: 8W
- Tube set: ECC82, ECC83