The IGS Audio Bison 500 is a simple mid/side processor with a dry/wet mixer. It can be plugged into any 500 series rack equipped with a standard power supply. It has two stereo jack connectors (2 sends and 2 returns) on the front panel of the device used for plugging in your favorite dual mono or two mono compressors.
With a flick of the switch your compressor(s) start working in Mid/Side mode, where the left channel controls the common/Mid section of the two channels and the right channel controls the difference between the channels referred to as Side. Adding more sides or compressing them differently can increase your stereo image significantly.
The dry/wet knob can be very useful for parallel mixing. It is great for situations, where you want to pump up the sound without losing the natural dynamics of the dry mix.
- Input impedance: (balanced) 10k Ohm
- Output impedance: (balanced) 50 Ohm
- Operating level: +4 dBu
- Max input level: +18 dBu
- Max output level: +22 dBu
- Dynamic range: 98 dBA (@ 1 kHz, +18 dBu)
- Frequency response: 10 Hz to 30 kHz (+0.1 dB / -0.2 dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 81 dBA (@ 20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- THD+N: 0.003% @ (@ 20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- IMD (SMPTE): 0.005 % (@ 20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Crosstalk: 78 dB (@ 20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- VU Meters: 5 LED bar display
- Power consumption: 8 W
- Shipping weight: 3 kg