The IGS 576 Blue Stripe is a revised version of the classic FET compressor.
The FET-type solution was first used for its application in the legendary UREI 1176 compressor from the 70s. The most important feature inspired by revision A is the input transformer used and pure class A output stage. The compressor is equipped with a relay bypass, 2:1 Ratio and Slam Mode accessible on the front panel.
The 576 Blue Stripe’s major selling point is its ultra-fast attack time — 20 µS. The 576 BS Ratio buttons allow four different modes of operation: 2:1 Ratio (soft compression); 4:1 ratio (moderate compression); 8:1 ratio (severe compression); 12:1 ratio (mild limiting); 20:1 ratio (hard limiting); S – SLAM, All Buttons In trick mode.
- Fet Compressor
- Stereo Link: Yes (linkable in PSU)
- Input Impedance: (balanced) 2.4k
- Output Impedance: (balanced) 600 Ohm
- Audio transformers: Yes, Carnhill on input and output
- Operating level: +4 dBu
- Max input level: +20 dBu
- Max output level: +22 dBu
- Noise level: -99 dBA
- Max gain: 36 dB
- Max gain reduction: -20 dB
- Ratio: 2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1, Slam (All in)
- Attack: 20us - 800us
- Release: 50ms - 1.1s
- Frequency response: 8 Hz to 20 kHz, +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: 0.014%
- Power consumption: 2.5 W
- Shipping weight: 1kg
|Module Slot Count||1 Slot|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|