The Hafler HA75 design begins with a 14 gauge steel casing to shield the internal workings from external magnetic fields and RF contamination. This is complimented with a black anodized aluminum front panel for clean, esthetic appeal. A choice of either unbalanced RCA or balanced XLR inputs are available. These are gold-plated to eliminate tarnishing over time while optimizing signal flow.
Inside, a 100% discrete class-A head-amp combines with a 12AX7 tube drive to power the headphones. This employs a unique non-radiating charge pump that applies 140 volts to the tube to maximize headroom as it delivers the character and warmth that so many listeners prefer over solid state counterparts. Unique to the HA75 is a negative feedback control. This enables the user to increase or decrease the negative feedback to produce either a more ‘clinical’ (solid state) or a ‘warmer’ (tube) response, further enhancing the signal path for the type of program material that is at play. To simulate the response of listening to loudspeakers in an acoustic space, a Focus control may be engaged that brings the stereo image to the center via a fully variable potentiometer. This active control activates a matrix that delivers exciting results without collapsing the stereo image. A Vox function warms the tone akin to an old-school loudness control, addressing the Fletcher-Munson curves to deliver equal loudness when listening at low levels. The Vox control can also can be used and create a ‘boom-box’ effect for those that enjoy a more exaggerated response.
The HA75’s heavy duty amplifier stage is able to handle all types of headphone impedances from 8 Ohms to 400 Ohms without choking as it quietly delivers plenty of warmth and character to truly enhance the listening experience.
- 100% discrete class-A circuit with 12AX7 tube drive
- Variable Focus™ control to simulate listening in a room
- Adjustable negative feedback to tailor signal path
- Choice of unbalanced RCA or balanced XLR inputs
- The Hafler HA75 is a ‘vintage inspired’ headphone amplifier that has been meticulously designed to produce Hafler’s legendary sound quality while adding excitement and character of a real tube circuit to optimize the listening experience.