The Great River MP-2NV greatly modernizes and improves classic British design, offering the same definitive sonic fidelity and expert craftsmanship as all Great River products. The NV Series’ construction quality is “like a beautiful battleship”, said one grizzled audio veteran.
The MP-2NV achieves “new classic” performance status with two discrete Class-A gain stages (the dual gain-stage meters are a Great River exclusive); a front-panel DI input jack which is routed via FET and BJT buffer through the input transformer (also unique to Great River preamps) for must-hear-to-believe sound from all Hi-Z instruments; and a discrete high-current Class-A "big iron" transformer-coupled output amplifier. The MP-2NV is a fundamentally important audio tool that brings out the best in every microphone and instrument.
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced; 1/4" -10dbV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring; high-Z input on front panel (disconnects mic input): TRS 1/4" insert patch point for compressor or equalizer ahead of the output amplifier
- Adjustable gain stages: input in 5db steps to 60db; output from -25 to +10db; maximum overall gain 70db; 2 to 3 stages of single ended solid state amplifier gain blocks, depending on gain structure; high-current 70ma Class A bias on output stage
- Input and output meters on each channel
- Front panel switches: polarity; phantom power; input impedance (1200 / 300 ohm); output loading (600 ohm resistor across output transformer)
- High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
- Gold plated switching contacts
- Local power supply regulation on each channel
- 110 or 220 volt operation with external selection, either 50 or 60 Hz