The new Grace Design m103 is a powerful tracking tool for virtually any recording scenario.
It starts with a tried and true m101 transformer-less microphone preamplifier circuitry. Headroom, detail, clarity, musicality – its all there. Complete with an exclusive ribbon mic mode, a 75Hz HPF and 48V phantom.
The three-band EQ section is built around single stage parallel tuning architecture, which minimizes circuitry and delivers natural, musical tonal shaping at all frequencies. Controls include a fully parametric mid, with shelving and peak modes on the high and low bands.
The compressor circuit is based on an optical attenuator - the purest, high fidelity gain control mechanism available. It provides gentle limiting to fairly heavy compression, while remaining nuetral and transparent. The perfect way to zip it all up and send it downstream - clean, intact and alive.
Comprehensive I/O options allow the mic pre and EQ/COMP sections to be accessed independently of each other, and the order of the EQ/COMP is switchable. The compressor controls can be linked for stereo applications, and 10 segment gain reduction and output meters make monitoring signal status simple.
- Fast and musical transimpedance microphone preamplifier architecture
- Updated audio path with 0.5% precision metal film resistors
- New 12 position gold plated rotary gain switch
- High performance output line driver amplifier and HPF amplifier
- Ribbon mic mode (also great for dynamic mics)- Relay bypass of phantom power decoupling capacitors, increased input impedance, and 48V lockout
- Three-band precision EQ, fully parametric mid band, peak and shelf mode for hi and low bands
- Newly designed optical compressor
- Mic amp direct output
- EQ/COMP section line input
- Bombproof laser-etched black anodized front panel
- Sealed gold contact relay for Hi-Z input switching
- Built in power supply
- Led indicators for +48V, Ribbon mode, and HPF
- Powerful 10 segment meters for gain reduction and output level
- Five year warranty on parts and labor
- Made in the USA