GML Microphone Preamps are world-renowned for their life-like accuracy and wonderful transparency. Now the Series II models are available as 2 channel or 4 channel (8302 or 8304) versions. GML's continuing research and review of up-to-date componentry maintains the brand's legendary transparency. The GML 8302 and the 8304 Series II have been reconfigured with front-panel-mounted phantom power and phase reverse switches, and the +48v phantom supply has been completely redesigned resulting in lower noise. Their all-discrete, bipolar transistor circuit topologies are completely transformerless with no FETs, ICs,or electrolytic capacitors in the signal path. Even the outputs are direct-coupled with time-proven active servos that remove DC without adding any artificial color. 10dB to 65dB of gain is front panel selectable on the front panel in precise 5dB steps. A +24dBv clip indicator warns of any impending overloads. Both GML 8302 and 8304 occupy 1U rack space. Both versions ship with an external power supply (GML Model 8355) and a 5pin XLR power cable.
- INPUT - 1kΩ balanced XLR, 80 dB common mode rejection at 100Hz & 10kHz, +12.4 dBv maximum input before clipping (minimum gain setting)
- THROUGHPUT - 50 volts/microsecond minimum, symmetrical at 30 dB gain, Distortion: Maximum SMPTE intermodulation at +20 dBv output level; 0.0015% at 30 dB gain /0.007% at 70 dB gain, Effective input noise: < -126.5 dBv with 150 ohm source / < -129.5 dBv with 0 ohm source (measurements at 400Hz & 30 KHz, 12 dB/octave high & low-pass filters (ref: 0.775v), Frequency response: +0, -0.2db @ 10 Hz & 50 KHz / +0, -0.3db @ 1.7 Hz & 260 KHz, Phase shift: 22 degrees @ 10 Hz & 260 KHz
- FORM FACTOR - Number of channels: 4 maximum (2 or 4 on order), Clip indicator: +24 dBv ±0.5 dB, Gain:10 to 65dB in 5db (±.25dB) steps, Front Panel Indicators: 4 red clip LED’s, 1 green power LED, Phantom: 48 volt switchable, 40 ma. available. Currently supplied with standard 6.81 KΩ, 1% resistors.
- OUTPUT - +27.4 dBv at clip, unbalanced XLR (pin 2 hot), 3 mv output offset max, stabilized by D.C. servo correction
- OTHER - external power supply: +28 volts, separate ground and chassis connections at rear, Enclosure: 1.75"X 19" rack mounting, 10" deep. Satin grain, black anodized finish
|Module Slot Count||No|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|