The Genelec 8320 Stereo SAM Kit includes two 8320A monitors, a GLM V2.0 user kit, and the 9310AM volume control kit. The 8320A Bi-Amplified Smart Active Monitors are two-way monitors designed for professional applications. Each monitor features built-in Smart Active Monitor (SAM) digital signal processing (DSP), with the Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) software designed to provide accuracy and ease of use in difficult acoustic environments. The MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) enclosure is made of die-cast aluminum and shaped to reduce edge diffraction, and is combined with the Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW).
The 8320A extends Genelec SAM system offering to a very wide range of facilities. A new and highly intuitive Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™ 2.0) control network and software allows adjustments of all aspects of monitor settings and full system control. Genelec AutoCal™ allows to automatically align every monitor for level, timing, and equalisation of room response anomalies. The 8320A features Genelec MDE™ and DCW™ technologies, a flow optimized reflex port and very neutral frequency response.
Combining performance never heard before, the 8320A is the small monitor for music studios, post-production houses, digital edit suites, radio, TV and outside broadcasting.
The GLM 2.0 software is available for Windows and Mac and features adjustment of levels, distance delays and flexible room response compensation equalization with the state-of-the-art and robust GLM AutoCal™ automated calibration system. All parameters and settings are stored in system setup files or saved in each individual monitor or subwoofer if the GLM network needs to be disconnected.
GLM 2.0 features and benefits:
- Connectivity with up to 30 SAM™ monitors and subwoofers covering all types of multichannel or 3D immersive audio applications.
- Simple, intuitive, but yet features-rich monitor system calibration user interface allowing fast setting up procedure.
- Adapt your SAM monitors to various environments with Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™ 2.0) allowing reduced perceived differences between listening environments or positions.
- Excellent in-room calibration results with state-of-the-art GLM AutoCal™ providing neutral sound reproduction via flat system frequency response.
- Automatic calibration of levels and distance-compensating delays for accurate and stable sound stage imaging.
- Ability to store calibration settings for different listening positions to be re-called instantly during the production stage.
- Allows repeatable and consistent performance, enabling accurate monitoring in any production environments.
- Symmetrical or individualized stereo pair equalization compensation to be used depending on the acoustic environment.
- Subwoofer crossover phase is set for all subwoofers on the network to achieve smooth frequency response transition around the crossover point.
- Each monitor Group has its own GLM AutoCal calibration file, allowing to use different Groups for various customized response curves.
- Groups contained in one GLM system setup file can feature both analogue and digital input use and an unlimited number of system setup files can be created.
- Volume control functions via GLM software master fader or via external wired or wireless volume controllers covering all possible applications.
- On-screen, real-time SPL reading of the active monitor Group allows to monitor carefully the production SPL.