The Genelec 8320.LSE Tri SAM Kit includes two 8320A monitors, one 7350A subwoofer, and GLM 2.0 user kit with the 9310AM volume control. The 8320A Bi-Amplified Smart Active Monitor is a two-way monitor designed for professional applications. It features built-in Smart Active Monitor (SAM) digital signal processing (DSP), with the Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) software designed to provide accuracy and ease of use in difficult acoustic environments. The high performance drivers are directly connected to dedicated Class D power amplifiers. System protection is implemented as a part of the SAM signal processing. The MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) enclosure is made of die-cast aluminum and shaped to reduce edge diffraction, and is combined with the Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW).
The 8320A extends Genelec SAM system offering to a very wide range of facilities. A new and highly intuitive Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™ 2.0) control network and software allows adjustments of all aspects of monitor settings and full system control. Genelec AutoCal™ allows to automatically align every monitor for level, timing, and equalization of room response anomalies. The 8320A features Genelec MDE™ and DCW™ technologies, a flow optimized reflex port and very neutral frequency response. Combining performance never heard before, the 8320A is the small monitor for music studios, post-production houses, digital edit suites, radio, TV and outside broadcasting.
Genelec 7350A SAM subwoofer is designed to complement both 8320A and 8330A SAM monitors using the new and highly intuitive Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™ 2.0) control, complemented with a new measurement microphone and network adapter unit. It features Genelec Laminar Spiral Enclosure (LSE™) technology, providing low cut-off and clean articulated bass reproduction. Genelec state-of-the-art AutoCal™ allows to automatically align every monitor/subwoofer for level, timing, crossover phase and equalization of room response anomalies. Combining exceptional performance and flexibility, the 7350A is the subwoofer for music studios, post-production houses, digital edit suites, radio, TV and outside broadcasting.
The Genelec Loud speaker Manager (GLM™) software is one part of the GLM system which is a highly intuitive and powerful monitor control networking system that manages connectivity to all Genelec SAM™ studio monitors and subwoofers on the Genelec network – up to 30. The complete GLM control system includes a Genelec measurement microphone and universal microphone holder, a network adapter unit and the GLM software.
The GLM software is available for both Windows and Mac and features adjustment of levels, distance delays and flexible room response compensation equalization using Genelec’s the state-of-the-art and robust AutoCal™ - automated calibration system. All parameters and settings are stored in system setup files or saved in each individual studio monitor or subwoofer, if the GLM network needs to be disconnected. Genelec AutoCal™ provide the industry’s first integrated processes for complete automated measurement, analysis, and adjustment of every SAM monitor and subwoofer on the GLM network for either a single location (SinglePoint™), or for one, two or three persons mixing environments (MultiPoint™).
GLM 2.0 features and benefits:
- Connectivity with up to 30 SAM™ monitors and subwoofers covering all types of multichannel or 3D immersive audio applications.
- Simple, intuitive, but yet features-rich monitor system calibration user interface allowing fast setting up procedure.
- Adapt your SAM monitors to various environments with Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™ 2.0) allowing reduced perceived differences between listening environments or positions.
- Excellent in-room calibration results with state-of-the-art GLM AutoCal™ providing neutral sound reproduction via flat system frequency response.
- Automatic calibration of levels and distance-compensating delays for accurate and stable sound stage imaging.
- Ability to store calibration settings for different listening positions to be re-called instantly during the production stage.
- Allows repeatable and consistent performance, enabling accurate monitoring in any production environments.
- Symmetrical or individualized stereo pair equalization compensation to be used depending on the acoustic environment.
- Subwoofer crossover phase is set for all subwoofers on the network to achieve smooth frequency response transition around the crossover point.
- Each monitor Group has its own GLM AutoCal calibration file, allowing to use different Groups for various customized response curves.
- Groups contained in one GLM system setup file can feature both analogue and digital input use and an unlimited number of system setup files can be created.
- Volume control functions via GLM software master fader or via external wired or wireless volume controllers covering all possible applications.
- On-screen, real-time SPL reading of the active monitor Group allows to monitor carefully the production SPL.