RedNet is Focusrite’s new flagship range of Ethernet-networked studio interfaces, based around the tried and tested Dante Ethernet audio networking system from Australian company Audinate. Focusrite’s RedNet is the first to offer IP network audio interfaces for the recording studio – or any application that requires moving high quality audio around with ultra-low latency.
The Focusrite RedNet 2 adds 16 remote-controlled analogue channels in and out to your RedNet network and can be located anywhere you can run an Ethernet cable. Featuring Focusrite’s precision 24-bit A-D and D-A conversion for superb audio performance, it delivers 119dB dynamic range at sample rates up to 192kHz. The rear panel includes standard DB25 connectors for analogue patchbay or breakout cable interfacing.
RedNet 2 can be used simply as a means of converting 16 channels of audio and delivering it some somewhere else on the network at near-zero latency. If you need to connect RedNet 2 to your computer there are three methods:
- The RedNet PCIe card for Core Audio and ASIO applications such as Logic and Nuendo
- RedNet 5 for Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools HDX and Pro Tools HD Native via DigiLink connectors
- Directly to your computer’s Ethernet port using a standard Ethernet cable (and “Dante Virtual Soundcard”)
Focusrite RedNet 5 connects your RedNet system to Pro Tools HD®. Up to six units can be connected to one Pro Tools HDX system, supporting up to 192 channels at 96 kHz or 96 channels at 192 kHz. Pro Tools HD® Native and Pro Toos HD® (TDM) are also supported. RedNet 5 is interoperable with other Pro Tools interfaces and no RedNet PCIe card is required.
- Upgrade to RedNet interfaces while remaining fully compatible with your saved sessions
- Each RedNet 5 can route up to 32 input and 32 output channels between your RedNet network and Pro Tools HD system
- Connecting six RedNet 5 units to a Pro Tools HDX system allows up to 192 inputs and outputs - the maximum supported by Pro Tools HDX.
- Maintain your existing Pro Tools workflow with simple, logical assignment of RedNet I/O to Pro Tools HD inputs and outputs
- Compatible with Pro Tools HD® TDM systems