At first glance, FabFilter Pro-Q 2 looks quite similar to its predecessor, but looks are deceiving! Of course, all the goodness and intelligence of Pro-Q's interactive interface is still there, but a lot of exciting new functionality has been added to improve your sound and workflow. Even more work has been done under the hood: Pro-Q 2 features a whole new processing engine, twice as CPU efficient, with improved analog matching and the brand new, unique Natural Phase mode.
Unrivalled sound and workflow
An equalizer is probably the tool you use most while mixing and mastering, so you need the best of the best! With FabFilter Pro-Q 2, you get the highest possible sound quality and a gorgeous, innovative interface with unrivaled ease of use.
Effortlessly sculpt your sound
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is designed to help you achieve your sound in the quickest way possible. Via the large interactive EQ display, you can create bands where you need them and select and edit multiple bands at once. Unique features like Spectrum Grab, Full Screen mode and EQ Match will speed up your workflow even more. Try it yourself!
Mixing and mastering features
Pro-Q 2 offers everything that a demanding engineer could wish for: top quality linear phase operation in addition to the zero latency and unique Natural Phase modes, Mid/Side processing, variable stereo placement of EQ bands, an intelligent solo feature, optional Auto Gain and a built-in, fully customizable spectrum analyzer.
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample-accurate automation, advanced optimization and much more!
- Highest possible sound quality
- Gorgeous Retina interface with large interactive EQ display, multi-band selection and editing for maximum ease and efficiency
- Different interface sizes and additional Full Screen modeNEW
- Up to 24 EQ bands
- Operates in zero latency mode, linear phase mode with adjustable latency or the unique Natural Phase modeNEW
- Spectrum Grab: just grab and adjust a peak in the real-time spectrum analyzer right away!NEW
- Filter shapes: Bell, Notch, High/Low Shelf, High/Low Cut, Band Pass, Tilt ShelfNEW
- Universal filter slope support for all filter types, up to 96 dB/octNEW
- Intelligent solo mode makes it easy to find problem frequencies and hear the effect of a band
- EQ Match feature to automatically match the spectrum of another track via the side-chain inputNEW
- Each band can operate on the stereo signals or on the left or right channels independently for per-channel EQ-ing
- Phase Invert option to change polarityNEW
- Highly improved CPU optimization: Pro-Q 2 uses less memory and is more than twice as efficient as its predecessor!NEW
- Mid/side mode where you can EQ the mid and side signals separately
- Optional Gain-Q interactionNEW
- Auto Gain and Gain ScaleNEW
- Built-in spectrum analyzer with Pre-EQ, Post-EQ and SC modes, adjustable range, speed, resolution, tilt and freezeNEW
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Optional piano roll display to quantize EQ frequencies to musical notesNEW
- Double-click text entry of parameter values
- Different display ranges: 3 dB and 6 dB ranges for mastering, 12 dB and 30 dB for mixing
- Large output level meter with peak level readoutNEW
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- MIDI Learn
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Sample-accurate automation of all parameters
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit), as well as RTAS (32-bit only)