While the algorithms are identical to the originals, the hardware implementation is state-of-the-art, with features that include a high performance 24 bit DSP, 24 bit analog audio I/O, digital I/O and MIDI interface.
The Reverb 2016 is built to reverb, it's not a multi-effects box. It was designed from the perspective that reverb is used nearly always and warrants a dedicated box with an optimal user interface. The Reverb 2016 user interface is extremely easy-to-use, unbelievably cool and features dedicated controls for each of the effect parameters. The controls and display are intuitive. The panel controls are optimized for the studio and for live performance. Up to 99 user presets can be stored.
While recreating the original reverbs is the Reverb 2016 raison d'etre, it also features brand new, enhanced versions of the originals. These 'new' reverbs are not a breakthrough: they have the same basic structure of the originals but with more complex early reflections, higher density, and finer control of the parameters. The 'new' reverbs represent the natural evolution of the development work that maxed out the array processing power of the SP2016.
- 6 Reverb effects and a dedicated user interface
- Recreates 3 original SP2016 reverb effects
- Stereo Room
- Room Reverb
- High Density Plate
- 3 new enhanced versions of the originals
- Fast top level UI (one knob - one job) optimized for studio and live performance
- Stores up to 99 user defined presets.
- Digital input/output (S/PDIF)
- Input kill switch, relay bypass switch
- Dual function footswitch input
- 98dB dynamic range
- 24 bit conversion
- MIDI in & out
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/-1dB
- Pro levels (+4 dB nominal) and connections (XLR and 1/4")
- Balanced/unbalanced input selection via rear panel, push button switch
- Universal internal power supply works anywhere
Digital S/PDIF Input /Output
- Sample Rate: 44.1kHz - 48kHz (downsampled to 40kHz)
- Connector: Coaxial, RCA type
- Digital Input is selected via front panel switch.
- Digital output is always active at 44.1 kHz when not using digital input
- 1/4" T/R/S phone jacks (2)
- XLR 3-wire balanced (2)