Users can enhance & soften the sound of mediums such as modular digital multitracks (MDM's), HD recorders, DAT recorders, Ram Recorders etc. Mixdown engineers will have an option not to use bulky, expensive, (and often flaky) analog tape recorders to get the warmth and sweet high end they've come to rely on for so many decades. Owners of Adats, MDM's, RAM and modern hard disk recorders can finally put a stop to complaints about the "coldness" and "brittle edge" of their mixes and instruments with the "rounded" and "musically non linear elements" of vintage analog. Finally, audiophiles can bring back the warmth and cuddly sound of LP's and tapes to their CD players, and other digital reproduction mediums.
The FATSO Jr. has been the “secret weapon” of studio and live engineers for many years, allowing them to add the elusive magic of vintage gear to their sound. Once you start using it, you’ll never want to be without it!
Fatso's Four Types of Processing (Available on both channels)
- Harmonic Generation and Soft Clipper (Distortion generation)
- High Frequency Saturation - WARMTH!
- Transformer & Tape Head Emulation
- Classic Knee Compression - Empirical Labs Style!
- Freq. Response is 2 Hz to 60 kHz in clean audio mode (+0, -3 dB).
- Dynamic Range 110 dB from maximum output (20%THDsoft clipping) to minimum output. Greater than 100 dB signal to noise.
- Distortion Ranges between .06% and 20% depending on mode and settings.
- DC coupled Input and Outputs High quality audio caps used internally. Compressor Time Constants - Attack range 1mS - 200mS. Release range .05 sec to 3.5 seconds. Attack and Releases are fixed by the compression type selected