The Electro Harmonix MEL9 Tape Replay Machine emulates vintage Mellotron® sounds and uses the same ground breaking technology that powers the award-winning B9 and C9 Organ Machines, plus the KEY9 Electric Piano Machine. Now any electric guitar player can have access to nine magically quirky, dark and unique Mellotron® sounds. No more extra devices such as special and cumbersome 13-pin MIDI pickups! In addition to electric guitar, you can trigger the MEL9 with any instrument that produces an electrical output, such as a keyboard or a bass, down to 55 Hz or A1. The polyphonic MEL9 has superior tracking; you can create single notes or chords with ease. The MEL9 will follow guitar bends, dive bombs, slurs, and any other guitar expression/performance techniques you can throw at it!
- Orchestra – This sound represents a full orchestra—including an octave below the normal guitar—and produces a gigantic, full sound.
- Cello – This sound of a solo cello includes the cello’s natural vibrato.
- Strings – Presenting the sound of a small four-piece string section, including natural vibrato.
- Flutes – This preset presents the classic solo flute sound heard on many recordings.
- Clarinet – This sound of a solo clarinet sounds great both as a solo (played monophonically) instrument and when playing chords.
- Saxophone – This funky vintage British solo saxophone sound is perfect for playing Beatles-like rock lines. It blends great with an overdriven guitar.
- Brass – This preset is a trumpet-like sound, and when playing chords it produces a great brass section sound. As noted earlier, the ATTACK and SUSTAIN knobs work differently for this preset than for other presets. The ATTACK knob controls a filter sweep for brass synthesizer sounds and the SUSTAIN knob adds the “lip buzz” characteristic of trumpet/brass sounds.
- Low Choir – This sound is a full low-voiced choir made up of many voices.
- High Choir – This sound is a higher-voiced choir made up of many voices.
Notes And Specifications:
- Buffered bypass
- Input impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output impedance (for both output jacks): 500 Ohm
- Current draw: 100mA
- Pays homage to nine of the coolest Mellotron® sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir
- Works on guitar without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and tracks bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs!
- Also works with bass guitar down do the open A string as well as keyboards
- Includes independent Effect and Dry volume controls so you can create the perfect mix at the Effects output
- Dry Output jack outputs your input signal at unity gain
- Attack control sets the volume swell speed. As it’s turned clockwise the notes fade in more gradually
- Sustain control adjusts the release time after a sound is stopped. As it’s turned clockwise, the fade out time increase
- Comes with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA PSU
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 89 (h)