The EastWest Symphonic Orchestra has already come out on top in a recent roundup of orchestral collections for its level of warmth and detail. Now with the incorporation of PLAY, users of the upgraded EastWest Symphonic Orchestra will experience the benefits of the new sample engine immediately. With the typical orchestral composition encompassing a large amount of instruments, EastWest's PLAY software will streamline the process by allowing many more instruments to be loaded at one time than with previous systems. The Platinum Complete Plus edition is 24-bit and 16 bit (194GB).
Beyond the orchestra's phenomenal recording quality is its ability to breathe life into the virtual world, creating a real space and filling it with sound. In the past, this meant adding reverb and effects, further digitizing and degrading the overall quality of your music. EastWest accomplish this through separately recording the natural hall ambience after the instrument has stopped playing until the sound has actually ceased. The software triggers this "release trail" at the end of every note and adjusts the dynamics so that the samples blend seamlessly, truly placing the listener in the hall with the orchestra.
Each instrument and orchestral section is chromatically sampled at three different mic positions (close, stage and hall) allowing you to mix together instantly within the included PLAY sampler (PLATINUM and PLATINUM PLUS versions only) any combination for the ultimate in real-time tone and ambience control.
- All instruments were sampled with three different mic positions, allowing you to mix together any combination of mics using the interface for the ultimate in real-time tone and ambiance control. This feature enables you to customize the sound of the orchestra to your own requirements.
- Control all mic positions for the orchestra, choirs, pianos, and other instruments with multiple mic positions with the built-in mic mixer
- Now taken a step further, do it right in the patch
- Load, unload, adjust, pan, mute mic positions as you wish
- 64-bit support allows you to load many more instruments and voices, limited only by your system RAM (32-bit support is included also)
- Interface designed to eliminate clutter, including only the controls needed for each individual virtual instrument
- Easy to use browser displays all of your instruments
- Favorites section to group the instruments you use most
- Preview your instrument of choice in an easy-to-use column viewer
- Interface automatically changes to display current instrument
- Forget browsing through complicated patch names: pick the instrument and play Turn on/off articulations as you wish
- Articulations list also serves as reference for all expressions within the instrument (no need to look up key-switches in charts)
- Save your favorite configuration for quick retrieval
- PLAY senses legato and repetitive playing and responds accordingly
- PLAY allows the user to manipulate stereo samples in very useful ways
- Stereo Swap allows the user to instantly swap the left and right channels
- Mono from left , Mono from right, or Mono Sum allow for instant conversion from stereo to mono
- Highest quality resampling engine
- Built from the ground up to create the most intuitive instruments possible
- EastWest/Quantum Leap now design instruments every step of the way without compromise
- The best sounding and most powerful effects engine out there, built from the ground up for the highest possible quality
- Reverb section includes multiple impulse responses from halls, and the famous EastWest Studios and live chambers (more RIAA certified Platinum and Gold records awarded than any other studio)
- The smoothest filters you'll ever hear
- Authorize purchased instruments easily using the industry standard iLok security system
- Offers complete portability, take your plugin anywhere you want, use it on any computer
- Easy to authorize and manage (up to 500 authorizations on one key)
- AU, VST, Standalone, Intel Mac, Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8, 64-bit, 32-bit
- Natively supported in all major hosts on all major operating systems - PLAY no matter what your platform
- More native support than any other plug-in
- Standalone: PLAY as many instruments as your computer can handle in one application