- Incredibly detailed Silk Road instruments from China, Persia and India. The most ambitious ethnic instrument ever created
- 25 gig instrument: 20 gigs of multi-samples and 5 gigs of authentic performances
- Recorded legato intervals for erhu, zhonghu, jinhu, electric cello, kemenche, duduk, 30 piece string section, dilruba, bansuri
- Master musicians recorded at East West Studios, using vintage Neumann microphones, Neve consoles and Meitner converters
- PLAY 64 bit (and 32-bit) interface features state of the art convolution reverb, scripting and new revolutionary micro-tuning system
All instruments featured in the Eastwest SILK are multi-sampled with extreme attention to detail offering the maximum in expression. Quantum Leap SILK contains extensive articulations, interval sampling (where appropriate), round robin (alternate samples), legato scripting, and phrases to give the feeling of smooth effortless performance - like silk. Each musician recorded for SILK is a master of his instrument, providing the best and most accurate sound available. SILK also allows users to adapt the instruments using dozens of useful micro tunings in the key of their choice. This microtuning system is the first of it's kind, and is a true breakthrough for PLAY
Instruments from Persia:
- Electric Cello (bowed string)
- Kemenche (bowed string)
- Nay (wind)
- Duduk (wind)
- Tar (string)
- Qanun (string)30 piece string section (bowed string)
Instruments from China:
- Erhu (bowed string)
- Zhonghu (bowed string)
- Jinhu (bowed string)
- Pipa (string)
- Guzheng (string)
- Yangqin (string)
- Sheng (accordion)
- Suona low (brass)
- Suona high (brass)
- Dizi low (wind)
- Dizi hi (wind)
- Xiao (wind)
- Bawu (wind)
Instruments from India:
- Dilruba (bowed string)
- Sarod (string)
- Tanpura (string)
- Bansuri (wind)
- User interface custom designed for each virtual instrument, including only the controls needed.
- 64-bit support allows you to load many more instruments and voices, limited only by your system RAM.
- Easy to use browser displays all of your instruments. Interface automatically changes to display current instrument.
- Articulation list shows all expressions within the instrument. No need to look up key-switches.
- Real time performance analysis detects legato and repetitive playing and responds accordingly.
- Stereo handling allows swapping left and right channels, mono from left, mono from right, or mono sum.
- Load, unload, mix, pan, mute mic positions with built-in mic mixer (Pianos, Symphonic Orchestra, Symphonic Choirs).
- The best sounding and most powerful effects engine available, including impulse response reverb, filters, and specialized effects such as Artificial Double Tracking (ADT).
- Highest quality resampling engine.
- Custom engine allows us to design instruments without compromise.
- Load as many instruments as your computer can handle in one application.
- AU, VST, Standalone, Intel Mac 7 and later, Windows 7 and later, 64-bit, 32-bit