The Earthworks ChoirMic Series of hanging choir microphones provide pristine Audio quality without spotlighting and more Gain before Feedback while picking up almost no Sound from the rear of the microphones. They are ideal for miking choirs and orchestra or band in front of the choir.
Choir microphones have always presented a unique design and installation challenge - the traditional solution is to use an angle guide on the Microphone's lead to aim towards the performance venue. The problem with this approach is that either a very small Microphone had to be used to keep aimable weight within practical limits - or locate the Microphone's electronics at some considerable distance from the Element - inviting losses and Noise. The ChoirMic Series solves all of these problems.
- Hypercardioid Polar Pattern - for those installations where a tighter pickup pattern is desired for better isolating performers, or in those installations where particularly aggressive stage monitors would otherwise present a problem
- No spotlighting
- More gain before feedback
- Picks up almost no sound from the rear of the microphone
- Electronics housed in microphone
- 30 foot balanced, twisted pair star-quad cable
- Prevents RFI
- Mini-gooseneck allows quick and easy positioning