Based on the ZDT Preamp technology designed by David Blackmer, the Earthworks 521 brings the exacting standards of the Zero Distortion Technology preamplifiers to the convenient 500 series format, providing a pristine amplification option to the 500 Series rack.
The solid state 521 features switchable phantom power, polarity invert, and peak amplitude clip detection, just as in the original ZDT Preamplifier Series. The transformerless output stage of the 521 will easily drive long cable runs without loss of quality. Transparent gain is switchable from 5dB to 60dB in 5dB steps.
The Earthworks microphone preamplifier topology provides outstanding common mode rejection, excellent overload margin and an incredibly low noise floor, combined with the ultra-wide bandwidth of the ZDT Preamps (1Hz to 200kHz ±0.5dB) and distortion of less than 1 part per million (0.0001%). This exceptional level of performance is maintained over an extensive range of impedances applied to the input, making the 521 suitable for practically any microphone – ribbon, dynamic or condenser.
- Clean, pristine, uncolored sound
- Solid-state, transformerless
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- Polarity invert switch
- Peak amplitude clip detection
- Transparent gain switchable from 5dB to 60dB in 5dB steps
- Ultra-low noise floor
- Ultra-wide bandwidth
- Front panel t-r-s connector with adjustable output level
- Suitable for most ribbon, dynamic or condenser microphones
- Requires a 500 Series rack