There is no other omni mic in the world as lauded as the DPA 4006A Omnidirectional Microphone. Its on- and off- axis performance and impressive definition across the entire frequency range gives it a superior neutral character. With the selection of different acoustic modification accessories, grids and pressure equalizers, the 4006A can sonically change behavior without adding noise or distortion.
For reference stereo recording there is no better choice than the DPA 4006A Omnidirectional Microphone - Stereo Pair. These are handcrafted and matched within ±0.5 dB on sensitivity and frequency response. Linear and true in character, the omni patterned, hand-matched pair offers the truest capture of the stereo soundfield available.
The pair comes in a heavy-duty Peli Case for safe transportation and easy access to the microphones and accessories.
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: 10 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±2 dB at 250 Hz: 40 mV/Pa; -28 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 15 dB(A) re. 20 μPa (max. 17 dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 79 dB(A)
- Dynamic range: Typ. 124 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 147 dB
- Switchable attenuator: 0 dB / -20 dB
- Power supply: 48 V Phantom power (± 4 V)
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
In the box:
- 2 4006A Omnidirectional Microphones
- 2 DD0251 Free-field grids, silver
- 2 DD0254 Close-miking grids, trapezoid, silver
- 2 DD0297 Diffuse-field grids, black
- 2 UA0639 Microphone clips
- 2 DUA0020 Foam windscreens for 2006A/2011A/4006A/4011A/4015A