The Disaster Area Solderless Cable Pedalboard Kit DisasterPlugs are an ultra-low profile solderless cable system, making them the ideal choice for your jam-packed pedalboard or rack system. They’re easy to assemble, don’t require any tedious stripping and work as either a straight or right-angle cable that can be changed at any time. Just insert the cable into the opening on the DisasterPlug and then tighten the ground screw with the included driver — it’s that easy. DisasterPlugs are made in the USA by G&H, a leader in the audio connector industry.
Of course, a pedalboard cable system is only as good as its cable — and DisasterPlugs deliver. The low-capacitance cable won’t load down your guitar signal and is made in the USA to exacting specifications. The cable measures 0.150″ / 3.85 mm in diameter for ultra-tidy cable routing. It features an oxygen-free copper core for excellent signal transfer and a conductive inner shield to reduce microphonics.
Disaster Area cable kits are small, they work well, and they’re designed to be easily assembled and reassembled any time you need to make a change — without tearing up your thumbs.
- Ultra-compact Solderless Plugs 0.4 in / 10.24 mm dia x 0.435 in / 11 mm long handle size
- Allows for higher connection density / more pedals on your board
- Each plug may be made as straight or right-angle
- Simple connection, requires only a screwdriver (included)
- Low-capacitance cable measures 0.150 / 4mm diameter
- 24 AWG oxygen-free copper core is larger than competing solderless cables
- Semi-conductive inner shield reduces microphonics
- Stranded center cable is more flexible and less prone to breakage than solid-core cables
- Kit includes 12 plugs and 12 feet of cable, enough to make up to 6 patch cables
- Plugs and cable made in USA