The Disaster Area Designs DMC-6D is based on the popular DMC-6 platform, reconfigured to work with a variety of computer software. The DMC-6D is ideal for controlling Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Mainstage, GarageBand, and many other applications. Any DAW or computer application that is capable of being controlled by MIDI notes or MIDI CC will work with the DMC-6D.
The Universal firmware works with or without a computer, controlling up to four MIDI devices such as the Strymon Timeline, Mobius, and BigSky, the Eventide Factor series, SPACE, and H9, and the Line 6 M-series.
- 30 preset banks with 4 presets each, for a total of 120 combined presets
- Each preset can engage or bypass up to 4 MIDI devices on any available program
- Strymon Timeline compatible looper control mode – record / overdub, play / stop, undo / redo, pre/post looper location, half speed, and reverse controls
- Scrolling mode for changing presets on up to three MIDI devices
- Expression inputs send expression to up to four connected devices such as Timeline, Mobius, BigSky, Timefactor, H9, M5, etc.
- Dedicated looper level expression input
- Extender switch sends tap tempo and enables an editable “Favorite” preset for all four connected devices
- Extender switch tap tempo also sends latching “freeze” / “infinite” for BigSky (hold to engage, hold again to release)
- MIDI Note Sending – each preset may send one MIDI note for triggering Ableton, Mainstage, etc.
- Optional Expression Roller may be fitted to right or left side. This is tied internally to Expression A, and the roller is disabled if an expression pedal is plugged into Expression A
- USB MIDI bridges to DIN MIDI, MIDI sent over USB from a connected host Mac or PC is transmitted to DIN-connected devices - use this to send MIDI program changes when a new clip is launched
- Bright blue 4-digit display
- 9 VDC or USB powered
- 8-pin MIDI jack for phantom power over MIDI cable, compatible with AxeFx
- Dimensions: 7.38″ x 4.7″ x 1.3″
- 5-pin DIN MIDI OUT
- USB MIDI + firmware update
- Two 1/4″ expression control input (TRS)
- One 1/4″ extender switch input (TRS)