The dbx 160X features switch-selectable OverEasy and Hard Knee compression curves along with extremely wide-ranging threshold, ratio and output controls. True RMS level detection provides the most natural-sounding dynamics processing available, from subtle compression to "brick wall" peak limiting. Choose low ratios and OverEasy compression to transparently smooth out fluctuating vocal and instrumental levels. Or use the 160X's Hard Knee compression and high ratios (up to and beyond Infinity :1 and 40dB gain reduction) for bombproof protection against overload distortion in P.A. systems and broadcast signals. The 19-segment, switchable input/ output LED metering can be easily calibrated to any operating level. 12-segment gain reduction LEDs provide precise analysis at a glance.
The dbx 160X's unique "INFINITY +" inverse-compression mode actually decreases the audio output level below unity gain when the input exceeds threshold, a real lifesaver for correcting overbearing vocal choruses and controlling runaway house mix levels. A detector input can be used with an equalizer for de-essing sibilant vocals and selectively smoothing out boomy notes on acoustic guitar and bass. And two 160Xs can be stereo-coupled to process an entire mix or instruments mic'd in stereo, without shifting the left/right image.
- OverEasy or classic hard knee compression with dbx's ultra-musical program dependent attack and release times
- Compression ratio variable from 1:1 through infinity :1 to negative compression
- Precision dual RMS LED display monitors input or output and gain reduction over a wide range and calibrates for different operating levels
- Up to 40dB of gain reduction available
- Exclusive Infinity+ compression allows negative compression
- Optional output transformer capable
- Strappable with another 160X