Imagine taking the ice bucket challenge, but you’re dunking yourself in dreams! Inspired by the ultra-modern line 14 of the Paris Métro and its sleek platforms of glass, steel and tile that add all kinds of cool sonic artifacts to the space, the Caroline Guitar Company Meteore (pronounced may-tay-or) is Caroline's take on reverb.
Your original signal path will remain analog and pure, while giving you overdrive and regeneration controls to take you from spring reverb sounds to something much bigger. The controls are very interactive with each other, and as per Caroline tradition, this pedal can get VERY loud.
- ATTACK sets the amount of gain in the preamp, allowing you to boost or overdrive the reverb
- SIZE establishes the initial reverberation
- REGENERATION extends the decay and adds overtones; set both this and SIZE high and the pedal can run away and self oscillate
- LEVEL is the overall volume of the effect relative to your original signal
- DARK/BRIGHT TOGGLE sets the overall voice
- HAVOC SWITCH - by holding this down you can create extended, seemingly infinite holds, gradual runaways or instant collapse, depending on the SIZE setting. Releasing it will return the effect to the level of the REGENERATION control.