The Brainworx bx_distorange distortion pedal is an exacting plug-in emulation of one of the most popular distortion pedals ever made: The Boss DS-1®. Beloved for its rich, liquid tone and super simple operation, this distortion pedal has been used on countless hit records over the last 4 decades, including Nivana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit”.
This distortion pedal is a modern classic. Artists ranging from Kurt Cobain to Steve Vai have relied on its snarling, grinding distortion to excite fans. Introduced in 1978, it has become a pedalboard staple for guitarists around the world. It's great for all flavors of rock - everything from experimental to indie to modern to heavier, grunge-infused genres. That versatility, combined with its great price, make this pedal the perfect pick for its proven tone.
From subtle warming of clean tones, to smooth distortion effects, the bx_distorange delivers classic sound to your DAW.
- Tone, Distortion, and Level controls
- Faithful recreation of classic distortion pedal
- Mono or Stereo operation
- Subtle distortion to dramatic shredding effects
- Great not just for guitar but keyboards and other sources as well—even vocals!
- Plugin version has all the tone, but not all the noise, of the original
- Brings classic distortion pedal tone into your DAW
- Plugin does things the pedal can’t, like automation and stereo buss processing