The Bondi Effects Del Mar Overdrive is their take on the two most important Overdrive sounds: the Tubescreamer and the Blues Breaker. Bondi Effects wanted to get to the heart of these legendary tones and improve some areas that they felt were lacking.
The gain control of the Del Mar serves a dual purpose; not only does it increase the amount of gain, but, as gain is backed off, you are controlling the amount of sparkly clean you are blending into your signal to keep your tone crystal clear, no matter what the setting. You'll find the Del Mar responds very well to the guitar's volume knob — just how you'd want it to.
The tone controls are active instead of the standard 'tone' knob. This gives you the ability to boost or cut both bass and treble individually, providing you with incredible control over your eq. The whole circuit is internally boosted to 18 volts, providing maximum headroom and clarity.
- Clean Booster/Overdrive
- Very dynamic and natural, responsive to your pick attack or volume knob.
- Gain knob serves a dual purpose as a blend control between clean boost and overdrive, and controlling the amount of gain
- Internally boosted to 18 volts for maximum headroom and clarity
- Two classic voices of natural tube-like overdrive!
- Powerful active tonestack, capable of 15dB of boost or cut
- Soft touch bypass switching