API has just announced The Box — their all-new project recording and mixing console.
A bit about the new console:
Building on API's rich heritage of extremely high-quality recording consoles, THE BOX is a small-format recording/mixing console designed for professional project studios, home studios, and production facilities of all kinds. Optimized for the digital era, THE BOX handles all the functions needed for production not provided by most DAWs, including mic preamps, input signal processing, high-quality mix bus, cue sends with talkback, monitor control, and more, without the redundant capacities of larger consoles. Most importantly, THE BOX provides the legendary "all discrete" API sound in an efficient, cost-effective package.
- Two (2) input channels with mic/instrument/line preamp, HP filter, & integral 550A EQ
- Two (2) input channels with mic/instrument/line preamp, HP filter, & 500 slot
- Two (2) compressors assignable to input channels or program bus with stereo link
- Sixteen (16) summing channels (20 channels during mix)
- Stereo program bus with master fader, insert, and external input
- One (1) stereo and (2) mono auxiliary sends/buses
- Stereo cue send/bus & headphone system
- PFL, AFL, and solo-in-place solo modes with stereo solo bus
- Full-featured monitor section that supports two stereo monitor systems
- Talkback system
- Comprehensive rear panel connections with balanced inputs and outputs
- Integrated power supply
For the latest news and info, click here: API The Box Console.