This true condenser microphone provides an enormous versatility. The features of the MC 950 include the wide frequency response of 40 - 20,000 Hz and a signal-to-noise ratio of 72 dB.
The beyerdynamic MC 950 is suitable as a main or spot microphone for miking choirs, piano / grand piano, organ, orchestras and most instruments. Due to the switchable pre-attenuation of 15 dB it provides excellent performance at high sound pressure levels. The switchable low-cut filter with 6 dB/octave below 250 Hz compensates for the proximity effect.
With the WS 101 wind shield, the MC 950 can be used for speech and vocals. The MC 950 is phantom powered (11 - 52 V) and therefore suitable for all live or studio applications and installations. Due to its supercardioid polar pattern, the MC 950 has an excellent gain-before-feedback and eliminates noise from the rear. It is not only a first-class tool for studios, but also for PA systems, where excellent sound and maximum gain-before-feedback are required.
- Supercardioid polar pattern
- Switchable pre-attenuation -15 dB
- Switchable low-cut filter at 250 Hz
- Phantom power 11 - 52 V
- Transducer type: True condenser
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Frequency response: 40 - 20,000 Hz
- Polar pattern. Supercardioid
- Open circuit voltage at 1 kHz (0 dB = 1 V/Pa): 35 mV/Pa = -29 dBV
- Nominal impedance: 180 Ω
- Load impedance: 1000 Ω
- Max. SPL at 1 kHz: 124 dB, with pre-attenuation. 139 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio rel. to 1 Pa: 72 dB