The beyerdynamic MC 840 is a very compact large diaphragm studio microphone with a gold vaporised double diaphragm and 5 selectable polar patterns (omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure 8). On the basis of the MC 740 microphone capsule this new microphone has been equipped with an improved low-noise pre-amplifier and an impedance transformer without transducer. Due to a two-stage roll-off filter (80 and 160 Hz) compensating the close miking effect and a two-stage pre-attenuation (-10 and -20 dB) the MC 840 is a superior microphone for any recording application. It has been designed without compromise to capture every sound detail with absolute clarity and purity. Applications for the MC 840 include recording orchestras resulting in a superb transparent sound.
- Large diaphragm capsule with gold vaporised double diaphragms
- Elastic capsule mounting
- Five selectable polar patterns
- Switchable pre-attenuation for high sound pressure levels
- Switchable two-stage roll-off filter
- Studio or Live Applications
- Vocals, Choirs, Instruments