The beyerdynamic M 99 is a dynamic moving coil microphone of studio quality. The tailored frequency response suits many applications from instrument miking to on-air broadcasting. The beyerdynamic TG-X technology used in the M 99 features a strong neodymium magnet system and a mass reduced special Mylar diaphragm to give the microphone a powerful reproduction with excellent transient characteristics.
The frequency response is extremely linear and guarantees audio quality which has until now, only been achieved by using high-quality condenser microphones. The frequency select switch at the base of the microphone allows three settings of equalization, linear and two optimized settings for vocals and instrument miking. A second switch is for presence accentuation. This allows further adjustment for close miking techniques or kick drum miking. The hypercardioid polar pattern helps eliminate feedback in live applications and allows a good separation between different instruments.
The M 99’s die cast casing is made of aircraft grade aluminum and ﬁnished with an attractive metallic varnish.
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Switchable presence accentuation and equalization for bass drum
- Extremely linear frequency response
- Rugged construction
- Integrated elastic suspension
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle.: Pressure gradient
- Frequency response: 30 - 18,000 Hz
- Polar pattern Hypercardioid
- Open circuit voltage at 1 kHz 3.0 mV/Pa / 2 mV/Pa
- Magnetic field suppression: > 20 dB at 50 Hz
- Nominal impedance: 280 Ω
- Load impedance: ≥ 1000 Ω
- Diaphragm: Hostaphan®
- Casing: Aluminium/die cast
- Connector: 3-pin XLR male
- Length: 163 mm
- Shaft diameter: 23/25 mm
- Head diameter: 56 mm
- Weight (without cable): 421 g