The beyerdynamic M 88 is a dynamic moving coil microphone with a hypercardioid polar pattern which is more tightly directional than that of any other mic in its class. Its frequency independent pickup pattern reduces feedback and off-axis coloration to an absolute minimum. The M 88s efficient moving coil design delivers high output over a wide range of working distances. Its wide frequency response and fast transient response enhance the 'presence' and articulation of voices or instruments, while accurately reproducing bass frequencies. The M 88s natural, well-balanced sound can only be described as "elegant", yet its rugged design virtually eliminates non-linear distortion at extreme SPLs. The integral humbucking coil reduces interference from stray magnetic fields by as much as 20 dB.
The M 88 offers both wide frequency response and rugged construction, an ideal combination for sound effects (Foley studio) and other EFP applications. In addition it is an excellent broadcast announcer's mic. Recording studio applications of the M 88 include vocals, bass drum, bass guitar, woodwinds and upright bass. It gives outstanding results in live vocal reinforcement, as a paging mic and for teleconferencing applications. The TourGroup version (M 88 TG) has a reinforced basket to withstand rough handling when being used for more demanding applications and a black mesh screen.
- Carrying case: black leatherette foam lined
- Mic clip: MKV 8
- Cable: MVK C-C/20 black 20 ft. two-conductor spiral shield synthetic rubber jacketed with black Neutrik 3 pin female XLR connector on mic end and black Neutrik 3 pin male XLR connector on equipment end. MVK C-C also available in 25 and 50 ft. lengths and with 1/4" two-conductor plug at equipment end.
- Mic clip: MKV 6 quick release
- Popscreen: PS 88 dark grey polyurethane foam
- Windscreen: WS 69, available in black, red, blue, yellow and green