Best Service Saurus brings the highly regarded analog sound from the past into the unlimited digital realm, fusing them together with a user interface that invites to tweak and a multitude of unique sound sculpting tools exclusive to Saurus. All without placing heavy demands on your CPU or budget.
Saurus AnalogueIt has been the aim of developers the world over to bring the best “Virtual Analog synths possible to re-create the sound of classic hardware.However, unlike many competitors who sell “Virtual Analog Synthesizers which are at best mere approximations of what happens in the real world, Best Service set out to create not just another synthesizer with character, but one that truly represents the sound of analog hardware.We carefully measured and modeled the circuits of many classic performance synthesizers, even including single capacitors and resistors to provide an extremely accurate analog model, faithfully capturing the spirit and character of these old machines.
At the heart of Saurus are its high-end quality oscillators employing our True Analog Modeling Technology , which produces a warm characteristic sound reminiscent of the hardware units from the past.Unlike their hardware counterparts these oscillators offer much more then just simple sound generation. Pulse Width Modulation which can be applied to all wave types opens up an incredible sonic range when used to modulate from one wave shape to another.Together with Oscillator Sync, Oscillator Drift and AM & FM noise modulation an even broader range of sounds can be dialed-in. From using drift to introduce minor circuit instabilities, to complete analog chaos with the sync and noise modulation features.Taking things even further, Saurus offers a selection of both standard as well as a large number of wave types from exotic synths to choose from, no more being limited to just 3 basic waveforms!
No analog sound would be complete without an excellent filter capable of sounding both lush when needed or screaming when over driven.Analog-esque filters are far from perfect, suffering from distortion, noise, phaseshift and self-oscillation, but it is exactly these imperfections that gives them more character than their sterile sounding digital counterparts!Which is why Saurus comes with a filter section modeled after a variety of analog filters, with precisely modeled non-linearity and self-oscillation to make them sound every bit as full of character as its core sound.To top it all off the filter section also includes FilterFM, Filter Feedback and an analog modeled Distortion for that little extra grit.
Modulation & Effects
The modulation system is based around punchy envelopes, LFOs that can run at audio-rate and an extremely flexible modulation matrix.It features several exclusive new ways to take the sound sculpting even further. The unique modulation value modifiers for example can be used to filter or shape envelope and LFO waveforms. While the Voiceout source allows you to use the audio output of a voice to modulate any matrix destination like cutoff or unison spread to create chaos.With these modulation options, an almost infinite number of sound shaping possibilities are now within your reach.To compliment its sound, Saurus also features various essential effects such as chorus, delay, reverb, tube amp and psychoacoustic processing, again of extremely high quality.
Arpeggiator & Gate
Saurus´ arpeggiator is just "gorgeous" when it comes to features. A lot of thought went into creating an arpeggiator that doesn´t just offer the basic note step functionality but takes the concept even further by adding features like custom patterns, chords, double, triple note, swing and per step velocity. This ensures your arpeggio sequence can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be.The velocity steps also function as step Gate which can be used to gate volume or control any other modulation source when used together with the modulation matrix.
Extreme Power at Low Cost
You may need to pay a lot to get true analog quality sound, opt to use hardware with its many disadvantages or need an extremely powerful processor to cope with the demands of software.Once again, enter Saurus: Finally true analog sound no longer requires expensive hardware, even in full stereo unison, full polyphony or at maximum settings. Very few synthesizers that have analog themes can claim they have such little demand let alone broad sound, letting Saurus stand tall.
What's new in Saurus2
- Enhanced sound quality because the synthesis engine has been completely reworked.
- Over 260 additional patches.
- Completely reworked all existing factory sounds.
- Added a comfortable patch browser.
- More detailed emulation of the 'analog' sound. The degree of analog behavior is now selectable.
- Enhanced graphics.
- More comfortable user interface.
- A large number of further new features and enhancements.
- Saurus2 is 100% downward compatible with all previous versions.
- Covers all important aspects of traditional analog synths
- Mono, Legato & Polyphonic modes employing analog voice management
- Two Syncable Oscillators and two Sub Oscillators
- Not just standard waveforms but also a large number of exotic ones
- Pulse Width Modulation and Oscillator Sync applicable to every waveform
- Oscillator Drift, Phase and Noise Modulation controls
- Noise FM, AM and Ring Modulation for Oscillators
- Analog filter with self-oscillation, nonlinearity, 6 filter types, FM and feedback
- LFOs and modulation capable of running at audio-rate
- Powerful Arpeggiator with extensive configuration possibilities
- Flexible Modulation Matrix with new features, including a filter
- Programmable Gate
- 4x Stereo Unison modes with spread and panning control
- Analog modeled Distortion and Tube amp
- Optional Psycho-Acoustic processing
- High-end quality Effects