The BAE Audio 10DCF, which builds on the capabilities of the 10DC compressor/limiter, features Carnhill and Jensen transformers, all discrete circuitry while adding a brand new, inductor-based bypass filter.
The 10DCF bypass filter delivers increased flexibility while recording low frequency ranged instruments, and engages at 50, 80, 160 and 300 Hz — perfect for users who want to compress a broad frequency range while leaving lower frequencies uncompressed. The 10DCF units are also stereo linkable, making them the perfect complement for the output stage of a mixer.
The 10DCF is an incredibly versatile tool for both tracking and mixing. It retains the same top grade, Class A circuitry that is present in BAE gear, while providing bypass filter options that make it more customizable, especially useful for drum and bass applications.
Aside from its unmistakably authentic sound quality, the 10DCF also features a useful range of features on its front panel, including Elma stepped switches for each control, BAE Audio's trademark Marconi knobs, and a gas-tank style analog meter. The combination of these elements provides users with accurate visual and tactile reference points as they adjust and shape their sounds. The metering on the 10DCF incorporates a sleek and simple design, with easy to read white lettering set against a black background in a rugged gas-tank style encasement.
The 10DCF is hand assembled in California using only premium grade analog components.
- Discrete Class A transformer-coupled circuit throughout
- Fully independent Compressor and Limiter for separate audio dynamics control
- Intuitive layout with illuminated meter showing gain reduction
- High quality stepped Elma® switches for dialing accuracy and repeatability
- True bypass even when the unit is off
- Same remote power supply as used on other 24VDC BAE units. One power supply can run two units