Are you a student, teacher, or faculty member at a qualified academic institution? If so, you can purchase "Avid for Education" products at a substantial discount as long as you meet one of the following eligibility requirements and can provide proof of eligibility.
Full details here: http://www.avid.com/academic-eligibility
The Avid Artist Color offers unmatched control and integration with Apple’s Color 1.5, providing colorists with high-resolution trackballs, trackwheels, touch-sensitive encoders and a host of programmable keys at a breakthrough price. The compact Artist Color attaches to your Mac via Ethernet, and can be used as a standalone color grader, or together with other Euphonix media controllers to build a larger, integrated video editing control surface.
- 6 high-resolution OLED displays show parameter names and values
- 3 high-resolution, optical trackballs for modifying color values and vignettes – center trackball can also be used as a mouse cursor
- 3 high-resolution, optical trackwheels for controlling brightness, vignettes and pan and scan
- 6 touch-sensitive rotary encoders for adjusting parameters like key blur, saturation, lift, gamma, gain and more
- Comprehensive transport and navigation controls