Both the Avenson Audio Mid-Side and the Blend are designed to be transparent tools to compliment your analog outboard gear. Short, clean signal paths keep the signals true to the source while expanding the versatility in processing.The Mid-Side takes your stereo Left-Right signal and converts it via a sum and difference matrix to allow you to process the Mid and Side signals separately. Then a second matrix converts it back to Left and Right as well as giving you a width control and a sallen-key 12db/octave high pass filter for the Side signal.
Blend - line drawing of the back
All the Input and Outputs are balanced on 0.25″ TRS connectors. The MS outs normal to the MS inputs to allow you to use just the width and Side High Pass filter.Housed in an attractive half rack width enclosure with an optional stainless steel rack shelf, the MidSide is ready to add more processing power to your racks.
- Input Overload Level +22 dbu (0.1% THD) for LR in
- +27dbu (0.1% THS) for MS in
- Gain -0.2 dB
- Frequency Response 5 Hz (-0.2db) – 91 kHz (-2 db)
- Signal to Noise ≥ 115 dB 100kHz bandwidth
- Power Requirements 85-260 VAC 50/60 Hz <10W
- Size 8.55 x 1.75 x 6.3 inches
- 217 x 45 x 160 mm
- Weight 2.7 lbs (1.18 kg)