These exceptionally accurate Omni directional microphones are perfect for capturing instruments that need no flattery, and room sounds that bring the listener very close to feeling like they're actually in the room with the instrument(s). The STO-2 are only sold in matched pairs so stereo is no problem. Whether you employ a Jecklin disk or spaced pair - it will sound like you are there.
The STO-2 is a pressure transducer. So are your ears. No coincidence. Avenson started out looking for a natural sounding mic and this is what they came up with.
Sold in matched pairs, (two ears right?) the STO-2's are perfect for capturing instruments that need no flattery. With a matched pair, stereo is no problem - Jecklin disk or spaced pair - it will sound like you are standing there.
Made in the USA from solid aluminum, the mics are built to withstand the rigors of the studio or the road. At only 5" long and 1" around they are easy to position and fit in standard mic clips.
- Transducer type: 0.25" Electret condenser pressure
- Polar pattern: omni-directional
- Output level: 5.25 (mV/Pa)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+0/-2 db)
- Equivalent noise: (A-weighted) 28 dB
- Maximum SPL: 145 dB (with 48V powering)
- Output impedance: 20Ω (load ≥ 1kΩ)
- Power requirements: P48 phantom power (~6 mA)
- Warranty: one year