Much time was spent on the MA5, not only on the engineering side of the design, but also to extensive sound evaluations in observation of specific settings, gain structures, and key components spanning a time frame of a little over a year.
We have always believed that even with some of the best audio test analyzers we own and use, our ears' sensitivity, coupled with good judgement of sound through experience, is still unparalleled. In the end, it is our ears we are trying to satisfy.
- Standard 500 series modular size 1.5" x 5.25"
- Single-ended Class A amplifier
- UK made input transformer
- Custom designed Jensen output transformer
- Stepped gain rotary switch in 5dB steps
- Output level pot for trim and mute
- LED lit pushbuttons
- Special 28kHz button
- Custom made Marconi style knobs
- High headroom & CMR, Low noise design
- 140ma current draw total, 70ma per rail